Language Camp in CanadaEkocamp International
Learning French or English
in Mont-Tremblant, Canada
French Immersion Program
10 to 16 years old
- All activities are held in French
- Rules and safety guidelines are translated to English
- Clientele = 70% local French speaking kids and 30% international kids
- Counselors are from Montreal and around and speak French as a first language
- Groups are separated by gender for daily activities
11 to 16 years old
- All activities are held in English
- Clientele = 70% international kids and 30% French Canadian kids
- Groups are coed for daily activities
- Counselors speak English as their first language
In Ekocamp language courses consist of 15 hours of instruction per week. Classes are limited to 10 students to allow for full participation. Our qualified and experienced teachers make sure that the courses are challenging and amusing at the same time.
We offer an English camp and a French immersion program.
At Ekocamp, you will:
- Learn new skills
- Meet kids from around the world
- Learn French or English
- Gain self-confidence and become independent
- Enjoy from our many sports and outdoor activities
- Visit Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City.
The camp has two buildings. Kids from the French and English programs are divided in different sections. In addition, we have two dining rooms, a kitchen, classrooms and meeting rooms.
Bedrooms and bathrooms are also located in these two buildings; each room (which includes bedding) has accommodation for four (some rooms hold six). Each room has its own sink. There are shared washrooms and showers on each floor.
Our camp is located 3 km from the town of Mont-Tremblant, where there are two medical centers. In case of emergency, the Sainte-Agathe City Hospital Center, a well-equipped regional hospital is located just 20 minutes from us. All of our staff receive first aid training and we frequently remind participants of the safety rules so that young people can enjoy the camp in a safe environment.
Learn a language while having fun
- 12 to 15 hours of language lessons per week;
- Age of students: 10 to 16 years old
- Mixed classes
- Maximum of 13 students per class;
- Activities outside of class in French or English, according to your program;
- Keeping high standards since 1994
- Accommodation: in rooms (max 4-6), boys and girls separated;
A short oral test will be held on arrival to qualify campers for the different levels : beginner or intermediate. Accordingly, courses will be held either in the morning or in the afternoon.
The languages camp is designed to be challenging and amusing at the same time. The course will encourage work in cooperation with other students. It will also show that campers are responsible for their own progress. The contact with young people from other cultures will bring home the importance of languages in the 21st century on a daily basis.
In order to achieve fluency, various activities are undertaken in spelling, dictation and pronunciation as well as short writing tasks.
Each class consists of three teaching periods of fifty minutes each. The first two periods are structured. The students learn grammar, new vocabulary and practice communication skills. The third period is more relaxed: the students watch excerpts from films and play games.
Our language camp promotes the development of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Warm-up activities, core activities and follow-up activities give students regular opportunities for practicing speech, vocabulary, grammar and writing skills. Illustrations provide important visual support.
Since French and English are spoken at camp, students can practice their new skills on a daily basis.
One of the best language camp in Canada!
Camp established since 1994 and which receives each summer children from 15 different countries, whom are well integrated with the Canadian kids.
One of the best international summer camp in Canada for kids!
All activities are conducted in French or English.
Optional classes are offered to children to learn in a fun way while having effective learning.
12 to 15 hours of group instruction per week.
Every 3 days, photos and videos will be available online on our website.
We proudly hold a "electronic-free" policy at camp.
Email service between parents and kids always available.