French Immersion Camp in CanadaEkocamp International
French Immersion program
in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
French Immersion Program
10 to 16 years old
- All activities are held in French
- Rules and safety guidelines are translated to English
- Clientele = 70% local French speaking kids and 30% international kids
- Counselors are from Montreal and around and speak French as a first language
- Groups are separated by gender for daily activities
Our camp is situated in Mont-Tremblant, 120 kilometers (75 miles) north of Montreal.
Ekocamp brings together young people from around the world in a unique and well protected environment.
Our French immersion camp is specially designed for children aged 10 to 16 and to meet:
- Parents' expectations: learn French in a secure environment, with quality teaching.
- Children's' expectations who wish to learn a new language. As well, they can discover Canada with our field trips, make friends with teens and children from all over the world, practice sports and have fun!
English is used as well at camp, for security reason: activity rules are said in French and English to ensure that kids understand and stay safe!
Ekocamp offers a wide variety of sports and outdoor activities. In addition, a lot of special events such as a day at a water park, overnight camping, visit to Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa or the Montreal Amusement Park are part of the program.
At Ekocamp, you will:
- Learn new skills in a French environment
- Meet local kids that speak French (and English as well for most)
- Learn while having fun
- Gain self-confidence and become independent
- Learn a new amazing language: French
- Visit Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City.
Learn French while having fun
- 12 to 15 hours of French lessons per week;
- Age of students: 10 to 16 years old
- Mixed classes
- Maximum of 13 students per class;
- Activities outside of class in French, according to selected program (may be in English in desired);
- At the edge of a lake surrounded by mountains and forests;
- Keeping high standards since 1994
- Accommodation: in rooms (max 4-6), boys and girls separated;
• 12 to 15 hours of French training per week;
• Maximum of 10 students per class allowing for full participation by all students;
• Well-supervised and qualified French teachers;
• Teaching at the level of each student;
• Fun courses;
• Oral practice privileged;
• Books and all educational material provided during the course at no extra charge;
• Diploma for each participant.
A short oral test will be held on arrival to qualify campers for the different levels : beginner or intermediate. Accordingly, courses will be held either in the morning or in the afternoon.
The course is designed to be challenging and amusing at the same time. The course will encourage work in cooperation with other students. It will also show that campers are responsible for their own progress. The contact with young people from other cultures will bring home the importance of languages in the 21st century on a daily basis.
In order to achieve fluency, various activities are undertaken in spelling, dictation and pronunciation as well as short writing tasks.
Each class consists of three teaching periods of fifty minutes each. The first two periods are structured. The students learn grammar, new vocabulary and practice communication skills. The third period is more relaxed: the students watch excerpts from films and play games.
Our language camp promotes the development of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Warm-up activities, core activities and follow-up activities give students regular opportunities for practicing speech, vocabulary, grammar and writing skills. Illustrations provide important visual support.
Since French is spoken at camp, students can practice their new skills on a daily basis.
One of the best French immersion camp for kids in Canada!
Camp established since 1994 and which receives each summer children from 15 different countries, whom are well integrated with the Canadian kids.
One of the best international summer camp in Canada for kids!
All activities are conducted in French or English.
Optional classes are offered to children to learn in a fun way while having effective learning.
12 to 15 hours of group instruction per week.
Every 3 days, photos and videos will be available online on our website.
We proudly hold a "electronic-free" policy at camp.
Email service between parents and kids always available.